Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why, you ask?

A lot of people have asked me why I would want to go on a trip like this. The answer is simple: I don't want to waste a second of this life. I hear a lot of people say things like, "I'll travel when I retire" or "maybe next year." When I hear those excuses, I can't help but think, "Well, what if you don't make it that far?" I know it's a terrible thing to think, but the sad truth is that none of us can really be sure that we'll wake up tomorrow. Which brings me to the matter of making this adventure more than a bunch of memories. There are people, right now, who don't know how much longer they'll have on this earth. There are people who didn't have the opportunity to live a full life. I want to give those people a second chance. That's why I'm doing this fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment